Great Circle Academy
Great Circle Academy welcomes students in grades K-12 who need a unique approach to their unique learning needs. We help build successful futures by providing a nurturing, structured environment that empowers students to unlock their fullest potential. The school is located on an historic 22-acre campus in Webster Groves.
Academically, our experienced staff works collaboratively to support students with emotional/behavioral issues, communication disorders, an autism spectrum diagnosis or learning challenges. In Fall 2017, we debuted a specialized program for high school students in recovery from substance use.
Compassionately, Great Circle Academy is for students who struggle in other educational settings because of factors beyond their control.
- Along with small classes (about 10 students), our curriculum uses evidence-based programs and behavior strategies, and teaching is adapted to fit each student’s personality and needs. Students develop the knowledge and skills needed to progress to the next grade level, as well as college and/or career-readiness.
- Our classrooms have a highly qualified teacher, teacher’s assistant and licensed clinical therapist who work as a team, which reduces student stress, helps build positive relationships, and increases productive in-class learning time.
- Students benefit from a variety of therapeutic approaches, including occupational, speech & language, art & music. Life skills and social skills training also help students develop to their full potential.
- Outside the classroom, there’s an ever-growing selection of in-school electives and after-school clubs and extracurricular activities that give students the opportunity to explore personal interests and foster supportive new peer groups.
- Our staff also is specially trained to respond effectively to students who’ve experienced trauma in their lives.
We are proudly accredited by AdvancED and the Independent Schools Association of Central States (ISACS), and our specialized curriculum aligns to both Missouri’s and Illinois’ Learning Standards.
At Great Circle Academy, we believe:
- Each student is celebrated for his/her individuality
- The secret to education success lies in finding the right key to unlock a student’s curiosity and passion to learn
- In meeting students where they are academically and building on their unique strengths
- In a culturally responsive and inclusive environment for all students
At Great Circle Academy, it’s about fresh starts, new friends and a circle of unwavering support. Students don’t just find a place to learn, they find a place to belong.
Did You Know?
- Great Circle Academy’s high school program for teens in recovery from substance use is the only one of its kind in Missouri
- The student/faculty ratio is 4:1
- Financial scholarships are available thanks to the generosity of local family foundations
No upcoming events.
Tours by appointment.